Last month we celebrated Ethan's 2nd Birthday. It was a wonderful day! Suprisingly, there were no tears. I think that I am able to see his birthday as a happy occassion because I recognize it as the day we became a family. There is so much to celebrate when you begin to understand the concept of eternity and the promise of being a forever family. Ethan coming into our lives has allowed me to truly appreciate the plan our Heavenly Father has for us - it IS a plan of happiness. I know that many angel parents may continue to hurt on anniversaries of birthdays and deaths... I hope that you are able to find at least one moment to appreciate that which Heavenly Father has given us... Eternity.Monday, December 20, 2010
Two Years a Family
Last month we celebrated Ethan's 2nd Birthday. It was a wonderful day! Suprisingly, there were no tears. I think that I am able to see his birthday as a happy occassion because I recognize it as the day we became a family. There is so much to celebrate when you begin to understand the concept of eternity and the promise of being a forever family. Ethan coming into our lives has allowed me to truly appreciate the plan our Heavenly Father has for us - it IS a plan of happiness. I know that many angel parents may continue to hurt on anniversaries of birthdays and deaths... I hope that you are able to find at least one moment to appreciate that which Heavenly Father has given us... Eternity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for posting this. For me, it was still hard when we celebrated our oldest son's 2nd birthday but we were also mourning two boys and it was a month away from our second son's 1st birthday so I think I mourned them both at that time. It is bittersweet for me. I am so thankful for my little boys. I miss them every day but am so thankful that they don't have to deal with the trials here on earth that we do. They are so lucky!
Post a Comment