
For those of you still wondering... I did survive my pregnancy. It was exhausting and long! After five months of morning/all day sickness (yes, I actually lost weight the first half of my pregnancy), surgery (a cervical cerclage), and a long and boring summer on "bed-rest", we delivered son #2. My anxiety and fear of another loss did diminish with time... though it peaked again at 23 weeks (the gestational age Ethan was when we lost him). Prayer and faith is what got me through it.
Admittedly, my mind has been preoccupied with this new baby... leaving less time to mourn. However, every time I experience something new with this child I can't help but think what I've missed out on with Ethan. I am so glad to have the knowledge that I will someday be able to raise Ethan. Oh how I long for that day! For those of you who think that one child can replace another, you are quite mistaken. That being said, I thoroughly enjoy being a mother -it's both fulfilling and rewarding.
It is such a miracle to have this precious boy with us, and the miracles continued after his birth as we have survived more trials. I will share these experiences at a later date.
No comments:
Post a Comment