Weighing 1 pound 3.2 ounces, living for only 48 minutes, Ethan has changed my life forever. With the loss of my son, I have received three incredible gifts:
1. A greater testimony. I have learned more fully the concept of eternity, knowing that my family is a forever family. I also have a better understanding of the atonement and sacrifice of my savior - knowing that it is through Him I can be healed, made clean, and receive eternal life.
2. A knowledge of God's hand in my life. Trials are given to us so that we can grow. We have a loving Father in Heaven who assists us in our trials by bestowing tender mercies upon us.
3. A greater capacity of love and compassion for others. My heart is more open. I have a sensitivity to the trials that others face, I am more empathetic, and I have a greater desire to serve.
It is true that our greatest trials are our greatest blesssings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I talked to your husband today at church, and your blog came up. I came straight home and got on the computer. What a great way to help others and at the same time express your feelings! Though I am in tears, I am so happy to have been able to read what you have written. I look forward to hearing more of your wonderful testimony.
I think compassion was one thing that I really learned from my experience. I had always had a testimony of eternal families and I think that helped me through and made it so I could learn other things like compassion. You just never know the things people are dealing with. It is so important to be kind show love. Someone could be so down and their heart is breaking and you might not know it. I also learned that my Father in Heaven takes care of us. He lifts some burdens for us and then helps us as we carry others. I learned that no matter how hurt or sad we may be, there is always someone who has been there and felt that same anguish. Whether it be a neighbor or our Savior, someone knows how we feel. One last thing I learned was that every trial we have is preparing us for something in the future. We never know when we will be called upon to lift someone or to cry with someone. We must endure and learn what we can so we can be there to help someone else.
Dear Janae, thank you for your comment on our blog. I am so glad you found me! (I have no idea how)
I would love to talk to you more about Lincoln and Ethan. I have found your blog through Ethan's name in the sand and wanted to leave a comment several times but never got a chance to just sit down quietly and write to you (we have other little ones). I love your short but powerful testimony that you left under his picture-in-the-sand. I am so sorry for your loss. No one can understand your pain who have not lost a child. Hang in there. I pray that you continue to feel the Savior's Healing Power and the ultimate Love of our Father in Heaven. I'm sure Ethan misses you. Remember that he can see you and will be influencing your life till you hold him again.
much love, Natalia (Lincoln's Mom)
I like this one a lot. I've thought about this too, and marvelled how it is that a small nineteen month old boy could affect so many lives so greatly. Isn't it the truth that by small and simple things, great things are brought to pass? Love you.
Thank you so much for that poem, it truly says so much of what I am feeling, what I look forward to. I will treasure those words. I pray your family has the comfort and love you need at this time...I know our babies are in Heaven doing great things and the Lord just needed them to come back quickly so they could continue what they were doing. How blessed we are to have3 the gospel!
For JaNae:
http://becraftylikeme.blogspot.com/2009/05/for-janae.html
I can't figure out what's going on with the sizes either...i'm tryin.
Replace and preview with either of these codes.
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww237/mrsmaughan/TinyAngel720.jpg
or
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww237/mrsmaughan/TinyAngel650.jpg
I'm not sure if they'll work...let me know.
JaNae,
I happened upon your blog through Julie Miller's facebook. Wow. I want you to know that you are setting a remarkable example to me of strength and faith in times of tremendous demands on your physical, emotional, and spriritual self. Thank you for risking the sharing so that others too can persevere when all feels lost. Love from Lou
Post a Comment