Below is a poem that I wrote during one of my many sleepless nights.

Sleepless Dark
In the sleepless dark I lay,
As my heart begins to pray.
Memories I thought were in the past
Are now in the present and will forever last.
As clouds of sorrow take their place,
My heart cries out for amazing grace.
A mist of darkness fills my mind -
It is peace I seek, and am trying to find.
The One who was always near,
Is now gone - I begin to fear.
It is I who has fallen behind.
I search for His face, so loving and kind.
In the sleepless dark I lay,
My aching heart continues to pray.
I grasp for hope as it passes by,
And realize my Friend has always been nigh.
There is hope in His loving embrace,
My Savior, my friend, my Amazing Grace.
Daylight begins to filter the air,
It is true, my friend, He is always there.
--by JaNae Campbell
In the sleepless dark I lay,
As my heart begins to pray.
Memories I thought were in the past
Are now in the present and will forever last.
As clouds of sorrow take their place,
My heart cries out for amazing grace.
A mist of darkness fills my mind -
It is peace I seek, and am trying to find.
The One who was always near,
Is now gone - I begin to fear.
It is I who has fallen behind.
I search for His face, so loving and kind.
In the sleepless dark I lay,
My aching heart continues to pray.
I grasp for hope as it passes by,
And realize my Friend has always been nigh.
There is hope in His loving embrace,
My Savior, my friend, my Amazing Grace.
Daylight begins to filter the air,
It is true, my friend, He is always there.
--by JaNae Campbell
7 comments:
oh, JaNae... I'm in the same boat with you... I almost made a post today, but decided to write in my journal instead. Two days ago Mike and I were watching Lincoln's video and my arms were ACHING to hold him. I almost couldn't control it. It triggered a waterfall of tears.. oh, how I miss my sweet boy!!.. but at the same time, I always feel him close when I am going through a rough time. We cry together, we miss each other together, we talk and comfort each other... :) My boys are TRULY my Angels. I am also grateful for the Gospel. I know that we only survived our losses because the Savior helped to lighten our burden, ease our pain, and enlarge our understanding of the great plan. If He didn't already bear it for us, it would have been an impossible trial to endure.
Thank you for sharing with me today. {{hugs}} Natalia
Here I am nearly 5 years after loosing my baby and I find myself at night missing him so much. I love your poem and your thoughts.
It would seem at one time or another everyone of us (me and my siblings) have written poems as a creative outlet to express ourselves. Beautiful Poem JaNae.
I can totally sympathize. Tomorrow will be our one year anniversary of losing our son and I've been an emotional mess all month but I'm so dreading tomorrow. I hope things are well with you and just know that my thoughts are with you.
I think you are living testiment to the fact that one must experience intense grief to enjoy intense joy. I'm sorry.
JaNae, I hope this would be more helpful than disturbing. One of our Angel Moms just organized this new website for those who have experienced ANY kind of loss (parent, sibling, child, pregnancy, divorce, self loss etc.)
I thought I would share...
http://www.agoodgrief.com/index.php
Here's thinking of you. It's been a year, and you are still strong, yet I know you still grieve. I love you sis. I pray for your healing and your joyful reunion one day.
Post a Comment